Believe it or not, Airstreams don't come with tools to change a tire. You have to supply your own, and the tools that came with your tow vehicle probably won't help much.
Roadside Assistance is often not very helpful when they find out you have a travel trailer, and even if they are willing to do the job for you, you'll have to wait for them to show up. It's better to be equipped to do this simple job yourself.
Our Tire Changing Kit comes with the things you need to safely and quickly change a tire yourself:
- a premium torque wrench for tightening lug nuts accurately
- a long breaker bar (wrench) to give you plenty of leverage to remove the lug nuts
- an extension bar so that your wrench can reach the lug nuts
- 3/4" and 13/16" sockets to fit all modern Airstream trailers
- tire pressure gauge
- fluorescent/reflective safety vest for your protection ("one size fits most")
- our six-page Airstream Life instructional booklet, "How To Change Airstream Tires"
- a USA-made, Airstream Life padded bag to hold everything
The only things you'll need to supply will be either plastic wheel leveling blocks (available at all RV stores, Wal-Mart, and many other places) or a jack (if you have a single axle trailer).
With our kit, you'll know exactly what to do if you have a flat, and you'll have the tools you need. Just store the padded case in a compartment and you'll be ready.
This is absolutely mandatory equipment for any serious trailer traveler and it makes a great "trailer warming" gift for new owners!